Thursday, February 1, 2018

Beach Walk by Pam Ellis

It has been such a joy to have Pam Ellis as our Blue Fern Fan of the Month.  Each and every project has been unique.  This week, she has added some awesome texture to her layout.  It's so realistic you will feel like you are taking a walk along the beach,

 Now we will turn it over to Pam so she can tell you about her creative process:

This is my dog Bruiser and I strolling the gorgeous beach in Caribou Monroe Nova Scotia. It was our first holiday in 15 years!  My husband and I had recently bought a fifth wheel and decided to travel the East Coat of Canada.  I have never known such peace. I can't wait to return this summer.




I applied a coat of clear gesso to my background and let dry. I then went over the area that would be surrounding my photo with clear crackle paste.  

I added some dimension with a stencil and some molding paste.  I mixed some art stones large and small in some matte Gel and applied around the "beach" area or lower half of the layout to imitate sand.  I then added some shells I picked up while on holidays in the East Coast (Nova Scotia)




I misted the layout with blue and several browns to try and match the paper.  I added paper layers behind my photo and popped it up from the page.  I embossed the Seashell frame with a variety of colors and attached it to my photo.  After I glued everything down, I then added a small vial of sand from the beach in Nova Scotia. 





I finished the layout by adding some blooms and my title. 



Paper (Seaside Cottage Collection):
Embark
Whitewash
Calling Cards
Voyage

Chipboard:
A Walk on the Beach
Seashell Frame
Nautical pieces

Embossing Powder:
Honey
Ginger
Sage
Coral
Seven Seas
Glistening Sand

Flowers:
Seaside Lillies
Harvest Lilies

I would like to thank Blue Fern Studios for the opportunity to be the Fan of the Month.  It meant the world to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment