Thursday, April 7, 2016

My layouts for April and a video featuring the Courtship Lane Collection by Marie-Eve Bernard

Hello,

This month, I had fun with the beautiful Courtship Lane Collection.  I like the soft look of this collection.  The colours remind me of spring. Spring is not completely arrived here, in Québec.  Hope it's better for you!  Can't wait that spring arrive here too!  The new flowers sets are awesome.  They match perfectly with the papers. 

Selfie

It is not often that I create a layout with a picture of myself.  I'm not really a selfie kind of girl.  I prefer picture of my princesses, but this time, I'm please with the result! 

On my background, I stamp with the Essential Texture Stamp set with embossing ink.  Then I add Ginger Imagine Ink Embossing Powder.  Once heated, I put colours on my paper with watercolours.  Notice, that I prep my paper first with clear gesso.

I put two coats of Ginger Imagine Ink on the Whimsy flourish.  The word Selfie is from the Selfies set.  I put heavy body gesso on it an use the same watercolours colours that I previsouly used on the background.

The littles greens and  browns flowers are from the Courtship Lane Collection Too.


 I cut the Screen panel into pieces.  To alter it, I use several colours of Imagine Ink Embossing powder.  I used Sage, Verdant, Lime and Ginger.  I put a color, i heated it.  Put a little bit of another one and heated it...Use this process, till i'm pleased with the result.

Blue Fern Studios List of Supplies:

Papers
 Courtship Lane Parkway
Courtship Lane Lover's Lane

Chipboards
Whimsy flourish
Selfies
Screen Panel

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder
Sage
Verdant
Lime
Ginger

Stamp set
Essential Textures

Reminisce


I want to remember this precious moment forever:  my girls loved the beach.  Can't wait to go back in Maine for the Summer Vacation. I made a how-to video for this layout. Hope to inspire you with this! Thanks for watching!







  Blue Fern Studios List of Supplies:

Papers
 Courtship Lane West Plaza
Courtship Lane East Plaza
Courtship Lane Calling Cards


Chipboards
Floral Lattice Bits
Serendipity Words 2
Roman Clock set -small

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder
Lilac
Iris

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder
Grapes

Stamp set
Forever

Thank you and hope it inspire you to play with this wonderful collection! See you next month!

Marie-Eve

2 comments: