Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April Projects by Cathi


Hello friends, Cathi here with some project for April! I am a little later this month as I was feeling very ill the last two weeks, and have nearly shaken the flu off, but it is still stubbornly lingering!! Once I felt better again I was able to finish off my projects and this first one is one of my favorites!

My daughter was in her first regional youth ballet performance last weekend. I took my cough drops and antibiotics with me and I watched her and the company perform some beautiful classical ballet pieces and contemporary pieces. She looks so elegant and so grown up in this photo, I just had to use it for a layout this month! The base page is the gorgeous Fondness paper from the Blush collection.


I used several cutouts from the Blush Calling Cards paper to tuck in underneath my photo, inking the edges in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  Here you can see where I used the gorgeous Imagine Ink Snow and Lime Embossing Powders on the gorgeous Dare to Dream chipboard piece and Fancy Fob Watch piece. I also added some touches of Imagine Ink Cotton Candy Embossing Powder, a favorite of mine!


I have added some gorgeous Courtship Blooms and Roses along with some flowers from my stash. Again you can see the gorgeous Imagine Ink Lime, Snow, and Cotton Candy embossing powders on the fob chain.


To finish off my layout I used several stamp sets: Forever, Halftone, and Essential Textures using Walnut Stain and Worn Lipstick Distress Stains.

Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection~Fondness
Blue Fern Studios Blush Collection~Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Dare to Dream
Fancy Fob Watch

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Snow
Lime
Cotton Candy

Stamps:
Forever
Essential Textures
Halftone


My next layout features the Serendipity collection and a photo of my great grandmother! I love to use actual vintage family photos of my own family and find this communion photo beautiful! For the base of this page I have used Serendipity Chronicle paper.


I cut the gorgeous Floral Spray chipboard piece and tucked it in under and around my photos. I colored the chipboard with the Imagine Ink Verdant embossing powder. You can also see some cut out pieces tucked in around the photo from the Serendipity Calling Cards page. 


I used a lot of beautiful flowers from my stash and also tucked in two green Courtship Blooms. Again I took the Imagine Ink Verdant Embossing Powder and colored in the Reminisce chipboard from the Serendipity Words 2 set.  I did a lot of background stamping using the Essential Textures, Texture Circles and Forever stamp sets.


My final little chipboard I added was this adorable bird from the All Natural set that I tucked in my flower cluster. I used Imagine Ink Buttercup embossing powder to color in the little bird. I love it!

Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Serendipity Collection~Chronicle
Blue Fern Studios Serendipity  Collection~Calling Cards

Chipboard:
Floral Spray
Serendipity Words 2
All Natural Set

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Verdant
Buttercup


Stamps:
Forever
Essential Textures
Texture Circles

Finally, here is my layout I did for the April sketch challenge, featuring the gorgeous Courtship Lane papers and my ballerina who isn't camera shy in her costume for her youth ballet show, Coppelia!



Here is the gorgeous sketch this layout was based on:



Of course I had to used the ballerina from the Music Box chipboard, embossed with Imagine Ink Embossing Powder in Cotton Candy.  I have also done a little cluster in the top right hand corner of the layout with the Turkish Bits, again with the Imagine Ink Embossing Powder in Cotton Candy. Here you can see the gorgeous Courtship Lane Roses.


I have tucked in some of the Courtship Lane West Plaza paper under my photos here, adding more Courtship Lane Roses and Blooms. To tie in with the black lacing on the costume I have added some black seambinding in a bow and some black lace.  I have added some stamping from the music stamp from the Texture Circles Stamp Set and the diamond pattern from the Forever Stamp Set.


Here you can see more Courtship Lane blooms and the I Think You're Wonderful Chipboard  which I have embossed with the Imagine Ink Embossing Powders in Cotton Candy and Heavenly


To finish off my layout, I added some masking and molding paste and some purple splashes. I tucked in a tag for journaling and a Reneabouquet butterfly.

 Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Courtship Lane Collection~Calling Cards
Blue Fern Studios Montage Collection~West Plaza


Chipboard:
Music Box
Turkish Bits
I Think You're Wonderful

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Cotton Candy
Heavenly

Stamps:
Texture Circles
Forever

Flowers:
Courtship Blooms
Courtship Roses

8 comments:

  1. Just stunning. So so pretty♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautifully detailed projects with wonderful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renea! Huge compliment coming from you! I love your beautiful style :D

      Delete
  3. Cathi's pages are so very, very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such elegant layouts, and the pictures are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete