Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April Layouts and Tutorial with Bec

Hi, it's my day to share all my latest Blue Fern Studios layouts today!!!
This month I have three layouts from three different collections plus a video tutorial.

Capture the Moment


First up is my video with a layout made from the Love Story Collection. I had been going through my papers looking for something else when I came across this background paper (Cotillion) which I automatically wanted to make a layout with, so that's how this layout came about.


Please enjoy my video here







Produts Used:
Love Story Collection Papers: Cotillon & Concerto
Chipboard: Techno Rings & Captured Words Set
Embossing Powder: Ginger, Honey, 14 Karat, Ebony
Stamps: Forever
Glitter: Pyrite
Flowers: Courtship Roses & Courtship Blooms

Smile


For my second layout I used the Courtship Lane collection with lots of the gorgeous new Courtship flowers. I am so super excited that Blue Fern Studios are now making flowers to go with the collections !!!!!! :D


I used the Bourbon Lane paper as my background piece,which I preped with clear gesso before I added colour with pink and purple sprays.  Next I added texture with a stencil and modeling paste, I also added some sparkle with Dusty Rose Glitter. 



I cut the Shabby Brick Panel to the size I wanted, then all I did to this piece was add a coat of white gesso. I coloured my other chipboard with embossing powder, the Chelsea Vines  in Lime and the word Smile with Iris.



I fussy cut out various floral images from the Courtship Lane papers to tuck under my flowers. 



I finished my layout with a little random stamping.




Products Used:
Courtship lane collection Papers: Bourbon Lane, Lovers Lane, Calling Cards, 
Chipboard: Shabby Brick Panel, Chelsea Vines & Smile from the Laughter, Happy, Smile set
Glitter: Dusty Rose
Embossing Powder: Lilac & Lime
Stamp: Essential Textures & Forever
Flowers: Courtship Roses and Courtship Blooms


 Love


Finally I have the layout I made using this months sketch


The April Sketch



Here are my close ups

I used the Frolic Collection paper Calling Cards as my background paper, then I started the layout by stamping the Vintage Edges stamp in embossing ink and adding the Honey Embossing Powder.  I love the delicate details it adds to the background.



Next I added modeling paste through a stencil,  then a tiny bit of colour with a few splashes of pink mist.



I used the Cotton Candy,  Lime and Honey Embossing Powders to colour my chipboard.  Embossing powder is a very simple way of colouring chipboard as it gives you full coverage very easily. All the Blue Fern Imagine Ink Embossing Powders are opaque so there is no need to prime the chipboard with gesso first so it's even easier.



I cut the butterfly images from the Dans Le Jardin paper then added glitter in Dusty Rose and Peridot  to the wings and liquid pearls down the centre to make easy butterfly embellishments. 



Products Used:
Frolic Collection Papers: Calling Cards,  Secretary, Allegro and Dans Le Jardin
Chipboard: Roman Clock Set - small,  Love from the Adore, Love Cherish Word Set,  Mini Flourishes and Ornate Frame
Embossing Powder: Cotton Candy,  Lime and Honey
Glitter: Dusty Rose and Peridot 
Stamps: Vintage Edges

Thanks for stopping by today

Bec

3 comments: