Sunday, April 3, 2016

April Inspirations with Jelissa

Hello friends!

How quickly time passes and we're into the month of April! Today I'm up on the Blue Fern blog with two creations made from the Serendipity and Courtship Lane collection.


My first share is this layout using Courtship Lane papers. I chose pink (yes!) because it matches the boys' T-shirt in the photo and also, every time I see them, my heart is just filled with love for them. Keeping my background work simple so that the papers can shine.

Some close-ups:


My title chipboard - I made a paste from iridescent medium and mixed it with some pink metallic paint. I was able to get some body and texture out of the mix and make my title more interesting. 


The Sweetheart frame which I painted with metallic pink frame and some shimmery pink watercolors.


New flowers from Blue Fern Studios! {Heart} these! 


My all time favourite Layering Stems - which I had layered 3 Imagine Ink embossing powders - Clover, Verdant and Grassy Knoll.

Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Courtship Lane collection - Town Gossip, Concert Hall, Bourbon Ave, Calling Cards
chipboard: Layering Stems, Sweetheart Frame, Hugs & Kisses
Embossing Powder: Clover, Verdant, Grassy Knoll
Flowers: Courtship Blooms and Courtship Roses



My next layout is created with the Serendipity collection and I love just how much creative space these papers give me. What got my attention was how the colors blended into each other and I wanted to create that in the chipboards as well. With so many lovely quotes in Calling Cards, I ended up using one of them as a title for my eldest boy who has a vivid imagination.

Details in the close-ups:


Cutting up the quote and scattering them all over the page, using them to create a sense of motion.


Snipping up Chelsea Vine chipboard and tucking it in everywhere. I've also used Blue Fern Studios flowers in my cluster. You can also see how I have layered the embossing powders in my background.


My Bird in Flight treated the most fun way - with tissue paper. 


More Blue Fern blooms.


Lots of goodies in the background.


The gorgeous duo-tone blue-gold on Swirly Circle chipboard.

And here is the start-to-finish video:


Blue Fern Studios products used:

paper: Serendipity collection - Chronicle, Calling Cards, Fascination, Imagination, Contemplation
chipboard: Chelsea Vine, Swirly Circle, Birds in Flight
embossing powder: Breeze, Sky Blue, Seven Seas, Oatmeal, Snow, Clover, Verdant, Grassy Knoll, Sage
flowers: Courtship Roses

That's all I have for today. Thank you for dropping by!

Jelissa


4 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous layouts, but the subjects are the main show as they should be! tfs Germaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout with the serendipity collection, so many beautiful layers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci beaucoup pour cette magnifique vidéo.
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci beaucoup pour cette magnifique vidéo.
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete