Wednesday, December 2, 2015

December Inspiration with Jelissa

Hello friends!

Can you imagine, Christmas is less than 4 weeks away? I'm totally excited, and the cool weather has definitely put me in a festive mood.

Today, I'm up on the blog to share my creations for December, using the fabulous Vintage Christmas collection. While there are so many beautiful festive images for the season in this collection, there are also more generic papers that can be used for other themes. 

For my first share, I've made a page of my boys based on the sweet December sketch by Michelle:


My background was mostly hidden by the clusters with little bits peeking out, so that the images on the paper do not get covered up. This time, I've also kept my layering to a minimum so that more attention can be given to the details in the embellishments.

Some close-ups:


One of the pieces from Clip Frames which I altered using Blue Fern Studios' own embossing powder. Love it that other than the red, it has a gorgeous gold tint to it. Lots of stamping in the background too to bring out a botanical feel.


Some fussy cut flowers which I tucked behind my photo. It has Christmas bits in it with the holly, but who would have know how nicely it blends in here!


A Deja Vu Tweets chippie which I altered with gold ink and painted with Imagine Ink in Persimmon.

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Vintage Christmas collection - Auld Lang Syne, Wonderland
Chipboards - Deja Vu Tweets Chippie, Clip Frames
Embossing Powder - Poinsettia
Mist - Persimmon

My second project and video tutorial is a Christmas mini album. When I first saw the Vintage Christmas papers, there were so many beautiful images I could cut out and use for an album so I knew I had to make one. As you all probably know by now, I'm not a Christmas project person with the exception of cards so this is really quite a first for me! Since the papers themselves are so gorgeous, I had to leave them as they are and build up smaller layers, so my tutorial focused more on playing with the chipboards. 


More close-ups:



I decided to add Liquid Pearls to my Gingerbread House after the video was made. 


Views of the inner pages:





And more close-ups:




And finally... here's the video. Have fun watching!


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Vintage Christmas collection - all papers
Chipboards - Winter Trees, Shabby Flakes, Gingerbread House, Word Ornaments, Christmas Ornaments, Framed Winter Words
Embossing Powder - Lucky, Poinsettia
Glitter - Pyrite
Mist - Winter Mint

That's all I have for today. Happy crafting!

Jelissa


No comments:

Post a Comment