Friday, November 21, 2014

A Layout and a Card with Patter

Today I have a layout and a card to share with you using the new Blue Fern Studios paper line called "Sanctuary." It is a beautiful line that can be used for anything, any time of year. I am going to show you how I used it on a heritage page and a Christmas card. You will see how versatile this new line is! Let's get started.

Cherish
This is my husband back in about 1966. Wasn't he a cutie? Well, I must say he still is. LOL! Anyway, for this page I used, the papers Sanctuary Bountiful and Sanctuary Conservatory. Such beautiful colors for this 8 1/2 x 11 heritage page.
To cover the Splattered Circles and Spare Parts chipboard pieces, I covered them in gesso, and then used some distress stains in various colors.

To cover the Adore, Love, Cherish chipboard piece (the title), I used the same technique as above but then I also added some darker gelatos to the chipboard.
Blue Fern Studios Papers: Sanctuary Bountiful and Conservatory 

Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Splattered Circles; Adore, Love, Cherish; and Spare Parts

Christmas Wishes
For this card I used the Sanctuary Meadows of Time and Sanctuary Conservatory papers. The chipboard piece is called Seeing Stars.
To alter the chipboard, I covered it in silver Inka Gold and then added some silver and gold embossing. To finish, I added pearls around the edge.
Blue Fern Studios Papers: Sanctuary Conservatory and Meadows of Time 

Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Seeing Stars

A Perfect Day
This is an 8 1/2 x 11 layout I created for this month's sketch challenge. This is one of my daughter's, and she just had back surgery 3 weeks ago. This is when we took her to the Billy Graham Library for the first time. Her back issues were being controlled at that time with a TENS unit you can see her wearing. Anyway, this 8 1/2 x 11 page not only uses the new November sketch from Blue Fern Studios but it also uses the Montage papers. Yum!
To color the Lattice Fence chipboard piece, I covered in gesso. While the gesso was wet, I added two different colors of embossing powder to emboss the chipboard. And you can see the fun result below.
The Arrow Words chipboard piece was also treated in the same way except once I embossed it, I then rubbed black gesso over the entire piece. I wanted it to pop a bit more off the page, and thus I added the touch of black to this piece. I think it ended up looking like the sepia photo a bit.

Blue Fern Studios Papers: Montage Invitation, Now and Then, and Bouquet 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Lattice Fence, Arrow Words 


Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to join us in the Blue Fern Studios November Sketch Challenge. Click here to see all of the details!

2 comments: