Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Projects with {Patter}

Hello everyone. Today I have two cards and an 8 1/2 x 11 layout for you using the new Blue Fern Garden papers, the February sketch, and of course Blue Fern chippies.

Just Because
My best friend is having a hard time right now so I decided to make her a card out of the new Blue Fern Garden papers.
Pin It
I layered and distressed the papers. I also used one heart from the Lace Heart Border chipboard. I mixed a bit of modeling paste and crackle paint to color the chipboard.
Blue Fern Products Used: Blue Fern Garden papers, Lace Heart Border

One of a Kind
This is our 2 year old Keeshond that was diagnosed with epilepsy in August 2013. He is on many medications, and everyday is a challenge. These papers and chipboard were just perfect for this layout. I also use the Blue Fern Studios February sketch for this 8 1/2 x 11 layout.
Pin It
For the title (One of a Kind), I covered it in gesso and while it was still wet, I misted it with some color. Once it was dry, it gave a very nice effect.

For the corner embellishments, I treated the Shabby Brick Bits the same way as I did the title (with gesso and mist). The Manor Hinge was first inked with distress ink, then I stamped on it, and painted on a bit of Glossy Accents to finish.
Blue Fern Products Used: One of a Kind, Manor Hinges, Shabby Brick Bits, Blue Fern Garden papers

Faith
I have an envelope full of the new Blue Fern Garden paper scraps. I truly save every little bit. So, I decided to put some of those scraps to use on this card. There are scraps used on both creations above too. Can you find them? :) For this card, you can see how I distressed the edges of all the little scrap strips.
Pin It
For the chipboard, I used the Blue Fern Studios Doodle corner. I treated it the same way I did with the layout title above but after it was dry, I added a little more paint using watercolors.
Blue Fern Products Used: Blue Fern Garden papers, Doodle Corner

Thanks for stopping by, and remember, there is still time to participate in the Blue Fern Studios February Sketch Challenge. All of the details are here. I hope you will join in! Blessings,

6 comments: