Saturday, April 13, 2013

Making Chipboard the Project Focus~!

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Blue Fern Studios blog! Erin Blegen here with you today to show you how to take your favorite chipboard pieces and make them the shining star on your projects. I've got three different examples for you, featuring three different types of projects- all of varying sizes- so you can see how easily you can incorporate our amazing products into whatever you love doing best!

"The Wait is Long"
First up we have an 8"x10" canvas. My inspiration for this piece was the Grand Balloon. And paired with this sweet photo of my son as he patiently awaited a deer to his "stand", I found my match! It was perfect for putting together this whimsical scene and truly does take center stage on my canvas.

For the stars, I used the centers of the Ornate Medallions.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Grand Balloon 075100

Vintage Locks 074783

Ornate Medallions (centers) 074462

"Pixie Tag"
 Next we have a smaller piece, a tag. And taking center stage we have one of the Regal Ornaments and Vintage Keys, inked and layered to create a wonderful centerpiece for this feminine project.

I just love the dimension! And so simple to create coordinating pieces with a coverage of chalk inks.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Regal Ornaments 074479

Vintage Keys 075032

"Forever" Card
Finally, I have a "dressed up" card for you! I knew that the Charlotte's Dress Set would be perfect for a wedding card, though I hadn't exactly intended for it to be a Bohemian-style wedding- but that is just the way it goes sometimes, isn't it? :)

I used plenty of fabric, trims, wire, pearls, liquid pearls, and microbeads to bring this dress to life. What would you do with yours??

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Charlotte's Dress Set 075056

Thank-you for the visit today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. stunning work, love the little boy in ballon great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work, I love the dress with the ribbon on the card, what a beautiful piece...and the tag is beautiful too.

    Since I see so many flowers being used and various papers...would Blue Fern Studios be interested in doing a blog hop with Petaloo or Lily Bee Design (my favorite paper company)? Just a thought.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects, i love how you did the boy in the ballon.xxxSara

    ReplyDelete